Tech Mini-Lesson Reflection

For my mini-lesson, I showed the class how to use Piktochart. I chose to work with Piktochart because it is a tech tool that I use regularly in my life. I've used it to my cards, posters, newsletters, and more, and I also use it often for homework assignments. 

Before my mini-lesson, I made a detailed plan that included how and why I wanted to teach my classmates to use Piktochart. I found that having a plan really helped, because during my mini-lesson I knew exactly how I wanted to use my time. My plan included steps that built on each other, so it was easy to move from one step to the next to make sure I talked about everything that I wanted to in my allotted time. It was hard to keep my lesson to 10 minutes, but that was only because I wanted to include sufficient time for my classmates to play around with the program themselves. 

Overall, I think my mini-lesson went well. I could have been a little more engaging, but I'm happy with the fact that I demoed a practical tool that could have a lot of uses in a high school English classroom. One thing I could have done better is that I forget how to teach my classmates how to save/export their finished products. This is important and probably would come up in a future classroom if I asked students to use Piktochart for a project or assignment, but still, I wanted to show my classmates how to do it and forgot. 

Besides tutoring, this was my first experience teaching to a large group of people. It was fun and much less stressful than I thought it would be. I also liked it because I actually enjoyed the tool I was teaching so it was fun to show people how to use it. 

Comments

  1. I loved your tech demo and you did so well! Do you know if you can add a live link to a Piktochart? I wonder if we could use it for our bibliographies!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

"A Time to Talk" by Robert Frost - Digital Poetry Interpretation

The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath

Lessons from History / The Digital Divide